from Alani, Nepal and Beyond

Namaste! Photos and stories from Nepal and other wonderful places.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Nepal Photos


Prakash's son, RN, still not sure on the spelling.
























In the courtyard outside Devaki's house in Mangalbazar, Lalitpur.















Ferns inside the (unused) well.







Thought this was a fun depiction of a Newar house. That's Ginny, my friend who is a professor at Kathmandu University for half of the year, taking the photo. I met her in 2005 on the Fulbright.

In the upper right window is Devaki's husband's brother, in the upper left, his wife, and two of their children and a friend in the window below.



















Devaki, her husband, and Sydney.









Sydney! It is difficult to catch her in a photo smiling. They asked me what her shirt meant, and I tried my best to explain!












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory